5 Famous Tourist Places in Haines Junction Yukon Canada
Haines Junction is a small and a beautiful village in Yukon, Canada. Famous Tourist Places in Haines Junction Yukon Canada make Haines Junction a very famous tourist destination in Canada.This village is located at around 1,632km of Alaska Highway at all of its junction with Haines Highway.
As per Canadian census 2006, population of Haines Junction was recorded around 589. Haines Junction is the east of Kluane National Park and Reserve. Haines Junction of one of the major admin centre for Champagne and Aishihik First Nations.
Famous Tourist Places in Haines Junction Yukon Canada
1. Kluane National Park and Reserve: Kluane National Park and Reserve are the two different units of National park system of Canada in southwest corner of territory of Yukon.
This place is near to the Alaskan border. This Kluane National Park Reserve in Yukon was established in year 1972 that covers around 22,013 sq km.
2. Da Ku Cultural Center: Da Ku Cultural Center was opened in May, 2012. Da Kų is the home of CAFN i.e Champagne and Aishihik First Nations Cultural Centre.
CAFN always remains very excited to welcome as “Our House” and to share its rich heritage and culture with you. This place is best for retail store, cultural programming, changing exhibition space and orientation exhibits.
3. Icefield Discovery: Icefield Discovery is one of the best and famous tourist destination in Haines Junction, Yukon.
It is one of the very Famous Tourist Places in Haines Junction Yukon Canada. Hikes and mountains are just awesome which attracts thousand of visitors to this place.
4. Kathleen Lake: Kathleen Lake is one of the wonderful lake in Yukon, Canada, which is located at south of town of Haines Junction in Kluane National Park and Reserve.
Being situated at Haines Highway at 219.7km, this place hosts day-use area, several hiking trails, a campground, a boat launch, a natural, an amphitheater formed by glacier.
5. Rock Glacier Trail: Rock Glacier Trail is one of the challenging elevation hikes in Haine Junction. This trail may be a short trail but its route is almost uphill.
There are number of steep sections hiking which are over rocks and boulders where trail follows a number of series of mini rock cairns.
Route has an elevation of around 90 mt and should take the hikers not more than 1-2 hours to complete.
You can visit www.yukoncommunities.yk.ca to know about Government employment Services in Haines Junction Yukon Canada.