Best Things To Know About Deux-Montagnes Quebec Canada
Deux-Montagnes is a beautiful suburban municipality which is located in the southwestern region of Quebec, Canada on the northern shores of the Rivière des Mille Îles where this river flows out of The Lake of Two Mountains. As of census 2011, the population of Deux-Montagnes Quebec Canada was 17,552.
Deux-Montagnes is the seat of Deux-Montagnes Regional County Municipality in the Montreal region. Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) • Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) is the time zone of Deux-Montagnes, whereas J7R is the postal code of Deux-Montagnes and 450 and 579 are the area code of Deux-Montagnes Quebec Canada.
In the year 1946, when St-Agapit, a parish was established, Father Chartrand, the first curate of this parish donated all of his selection of books to start a library for the public. All of these books were situated in the rectory and after that, all moved to the basement of the church.
Eventually, these books were transferred to a local club i.e Club Femina where Annette Magnan provided a number of services in the St-Eustache-sur-le-lac library. Books at this place were sold out and Club Femina moved to the other premises.
This municipality has 2 train stations located on the Deux-Montagnes line: Grand-Moulin and Deux-Montagnes.
Francophone schools are being operated by CSSMI i.e The Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles and Anglophone schools are being operated by The Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board.
English language schools
Below are the English language based schools:
– Mountainview Elementary School
– St. Jude Elementary School
– Lake of Two Mountains High School
French language schools
Below are the French language based schools:
– High school
– École Polyvalente Deux-Montagnes
– École Sauvé
– École Emmanuel-Chénard
– École des Mésanges
– Centre de formation professionnelle, l’Émergence
Special needs school
– École des Érables
– ARDM (ringuette Association)- Deux-Montagnes Coyotes
– Centurions Deux-Montagnes – Polyvalente Deux-Montagnes
– Baseball Association – Deux-Montagnes Cardinals
– Senior Soccer Association – Two Mountains Senior Soccer Club
– Basketball Deux-Montagnes – Founded by Bob Fordham
– Deux-Montagnes Softball Association
– Soccer Association – Deux-Montagnes Shamrocks
– Hockey Association – Deux-Montagnes Panthères
– Danièle Sauvageau – Women’s Hockey Coach
– A. Lawrence Vaincourt – Author
– Ken McGoogan – Author
– Fanny Letourneau – Synchronized Swimmer
– Mikaël Kingsbury – Freestyle Skier
– Shawn Drover – Musician
– Glen Drover- Musician
Where is Deux-Montagnes Quebec Canada?
You can visit www4.gouv.qc.ca to know about Government Services in Quebec.