5 Famous Tourist Destinations in Smith Falls Ontario Canada
Smiths Falls is a small and beautiful town located in Eastern Ontario, Canada. As of Canadian census 2011, the population of Smith Falls Ontario Canada was 8,978. The Rideau Canal waterway passes through this beautiful town, with separate four locks in different three locations and a combined lift of more than 15 meters.
UTC−5 (EST) • Summer (DST)UTC−4 (EDT) is the time zone of Smith Falls whereas, 613 is the area code and K7A is the postal code of Smith Falls Ontario Canada.
Famous Tourist Destinations in Smith Falls Ontario Canada
1. Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario: This museum, is a rail museum located in a former CNoR station, that stands on an abandoned right-of-way of Canadian Northern Railway line which led once to the southwest direction towards Napanee. This museum was established in 1985 as the Smiths Falls Railway Museum, the RMEO i.e Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario works to preserve the Canadian Northern (CNoR) station built in 1913 and a collection of historic railway memorabilia, equipment, and rolling stock.
2. Rideau Canal Visitor Centre: The Rideau Canal Visitor Centre has been housed in a 19th century stone mill, this Visitor Centre is the flagship interpretation center for the Rideau Canal system, it is a National Historic Site of Canada, which is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage destination and Canadian Heritage River.
3. Heritage House Museum: A visit to the Heritage House Museum includes a tour of around 8-period rooms that have been furnished to depict the lifestyle of times. The Museum’s two-story privy, indoor brick bake oven and unique mirror-image facades preserve an atmosphere of past in the derelict house.
4. Veteran’s Park: The Veteran’s Park has been dedicated to the soldiers who fallen down in the Korean Conflict, the World War I, and World War II, Veterans’ Memorial Park is one of the locations where Branch 95 conducts its Remembrance Day ceremony every year. The poles and flags were donated in the year 1995 by the Branch to the town of Smiths Falls.
5. Cataraqui Trail: The Cataraqui Trail is one of the very beautiful and amazing 104-km Rails-to-Trails multi-use linear recreational trails located in Eastern Ontario, Canada. This route passes by wetlands, lakes, woods and farmland. The trail starts from southwest of The Smiths Falls, at a parking lot to the south of Ontario Highway 15 which is designated as kilometer zero. Thousands of people come to this place every year and enjoy time with their family and friend in the seabed of nature.
Where is Smith Falls Ontario Canada?
You can visit www.temiskamingshores.ca to know about Government Services in Ontario.