5 Famous Tourist Destinations in Collingwood Ontario Canada
Collingwood is a beautiful town located in Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada. This beautiful town is located on the Nottawasaga Bay at the southern area of Georgian Bay. As of Canadian Census 2016, the population of Collingwood Ontario Canada was around 21,793.
UTC-5 (Eastern (EST)) • Summer (DST)UTC-4 (EDT) is the time zone of Collingwood whereas, 705 & 249 is the area code of Collingwood Ontario Canada.
Famous Tourist Destinations in Collingwood Ontario Canada
1. Georgian Trail: The Georgian Trail has been around since the year 1989, and is an example of an earlier conversion of a railroad line into a bicycle path. This trail is 34 kilometer between Meaford and Collingwood with the southern coast of the Georgian Bay. This place is quite flat and made of very hard packed and crushed stone, that is as hard as like a pavement in many places. The trail features facilities like snowshoers, cross-country skiers, cyclists, joggers, granular surface ideal for walkers and a hard-packed.
2. Side Launch Brewing Company: The Side Launch Brewing Company is nestled in the heart of Collingwood, Ontario having an area of 27,000 square feet of immaculate brewing space, this place is an award-winning place where beer is carefully made. In the year 1989, Denison’s opens up his doors for brewery business, that allowed Michael to develop his signature brews i.e Wheat and Dark Lager. In 2003, some unfortunate circumstances forced Denison’s to shut down, but Michael retains all the rights to make his signature beers. In 2010, Michael is introduced to a group with a number of plans to open a brewery in the Collingwood area. In2014, Side Launch Brewing Company finally officially opened its doors and In the year 2016, Side Launch has been named as the Canadian Brewery of the Year by the Canadian Brewing Awards & Conference.
3. Collingwood Museum: Just come and visit the Collingwood Museum and explore the ancient history of Collingwood, Ontario. You can set a sail with 150 years of marine heritage! A “Ship Sidelaunch” is there in every 15 minutes. The Collingwood Museum offers a store, research facilities, archives, education programs, special events, and exhibits. You will find a huge variety of exhibits throughout the year and make this Museum a prime and best learning opportunity for those who wish to learn about the heritage of Collingwood.
4. Tremont Studios: The interior of Tremont Studios is just awesome. This restaurant is situated in a historic building which is used to be a hotel back in the year 1889. This place is beautifully and well renovated. Its design is very elegant and casual, but still, it is too romantic. The creative menu at Tremont cafe offers a combination of different food options from all over the world. Visiting the Tremont Studios is an energizing and authentic experience.
5. Collingwood Brewery: At The Collingwood Brewery, you will find beers crafted from the fresh and natural ingredients. This place is inspired by a number of classic styles of brewing traditions, which aims to create local brews which reflect the international flavors from around the world. Come to this place to have the beer and stick around for this company. Collingwood locals and visitors come to this place and enjoy the fresh beer.
Where is Collingwood Ontario Canada?
You can visit www.temiskamingshores.ca to know about Government Services in Ontario.