10 Best Tourist Attractions in Truro Nova Scotia Canada
Truro is a small town in the central Nova Scotia, Canada. Truro is the shire town of Colchester County and is situated on south side of Salmon River floodplain, which is very close to river’s mouth at eastern end of the Cobequid Bay. Tourist Attractions in Truro Nova Scotia Canada make Truro an amazing place to visit and enjoy in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Truro was called originally as “Wagobagitik” by the local inhabitants. Meaning of this name is “end of water flow” or “bay runs far up”, in refrence to the one of the highest rising to tides in the world from Bay of Fundy.
Acadians, who arrived in early 1700s transformed this name into Cobequid. Truro always remains a very important junction for the travellers in Nova Scotia.
Importance of town got increased dramatically with construction of Nova Scotia Railway between Pictou and Halifax in 1858, Intercolonial Railway in 1872 and its all of the connection to Dominion Atlantic Railway of Annapolis Valley.
Tourist Attractions in Truro Nova Scotia Canada
1. Victoria Park: It is in the heart of Truro which lies in the incredible Victoria Park with 400 acres of old growth forest,biking and hiking trails, 2 sets of waterfalls and 1 dizzying, 175 step Jacob’s Ladder for climb up.
This park also features waterslides, a large outdoor pool, spray park and a playground which make it a very famous family destination.
2. Historic Downtown: Historic downtown of Truro is thriving with unique dining and shops. Inglis Street is one of the famous destination which features number of boutiques like Nova Scotia Emporium.
3. Marigold Cultural Centre: It is a fantastic place to have experience of theatre and local music in an intimate setting. Marigold is also home to local sports heritage museum and local sports.
4. Truro Farmers Market: Shine or Rain Farmer Market of Truro is a gathering spot for handmade goods and local foods every Saturday morning.
5. Colchester Historeum: This Historeum exhibits a huge number of stories and local artifacts and is a great place for genealogical based research.
6. Truro Raceway: Largest harness racing facility if Nova Scotia play role of a host to regular live racing schedule. It is one of the best Tourist Attractions in Truro Nova Scotia Canada
7. Millbrook Cultural & Heritage Centre: This discovered legends of Glooscap and learn rich Mi’kmaw heritage and culture of Nova Scotoia. Tour to the Centre and stands at foot of 40ft statue of Gloosap for a very fantastic photo.
8. Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park: This place is definitely a facourite place for a fa,ily. It is home of 10 hectares picnic park, scenic trails, wetland centre, 65 species of birds and 26 species of mammals.
9. Mastodon Ridge: You can get your photo clicked with mastodon a half way between Equater in Stewiacke and North Pole.
Remains of juvenile mastodon were found in a quarry and Mastodon Ridge is really a great place to stop for some pictures, to pick up piece of local art from Winding River Art Gallery, a snack for road and mini golf.
10. Masstown Market: Just few minutes from the town is the Masstown Market where visitors find culinary favourite in onsite bakery, cafeteria style restaurant that servers homemade local meals, chip boat, fish, farm market, fish market, dairy bar and deli.
You can visit www.novascotia.ca to know about Government Services in Nova Scotia.