4 Famous Tourist Destinations in Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia Canada
Peggy’s Cove is a beautiful and small rural community situated on the eastern shore of The St. Margarets Bay in the Halifax Regional Municipality of Nova Scotia, this municipality is the site of The Peggys Point Lighthouse which was established in the year 1868. As of Canadian census 2011, the population of Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia Canada was just 640.
UTC−4 (ATS) • Summer (DST) UTC−3 (Atlantic Daylight Saving Time) is the time zone of Peggy’s Cove, whereas 902 & 782 is the area code of Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia Canada.
Famous Tourist Destinations in Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia Canada
1. Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse: The Peggys Point Lighthouse, also is known as The Peggys Cove Lighthouse, it is an active lighthouse in Nova Scotia. Being situated in the Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia, this lighthouse is the busiest tourist attraction in Nova Scotia and is a prime attraction on the Trail scenic drive. This lighthouse marks an eastern entrance of The St. Margarets Bay and officially is known as the Peggys Point Lighthouse.
2. Swissair Flight 111 Memorial: On 2nd September 1998 Swissair Flight 111 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean southwest of Halifax Stanfield International Airport at the entrance to The St. Margaret’s Bay. 229 people were in this flight and they all have perished. The crash site was 8 km / 5 mi from the shore of St. Margaret’s Bay. A short walking trail leads to this monument in the memory of people who lost their lives in this crash and can be found at the Swissair Memorial Site.
3. Amos Pewter: Amos Pewter was the very first artisan shop in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia to become a member of an international Economusee network. The mission of this network is to showcase the traditional skills and trades. This shop is located in an open studio in the scenic Mahone Bay, on the beautiful and vibrant Halifax Waterfronts. While you visit Peggy’s Cove just enjoy the hands-on experience in making unique Amos.
4. Hags on the Hill: You will find amazing paintings and works in fiber, wood, glass and leather artisans from St. Margaret’s Bay area in cooperative styled artisan market. Thousands of visitors come to this place every year and enjoy the work done by artisans.
Below are the best hotels to stay in and near Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia Canada
– West Dover Harbourview Guesthouse
– By the Bay Bed and Breakfast
– Fish ‘n Shells
– Dauphinee Inn
– Surfside Inn
– Oceanstone Seaside Resort
Where is Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia Canada?
You can visit www.novascotia.ca to know about Government Services in Nova Scotia.