2 Famous Tourist Places in River Hebert Nova Scotia Canada
River Hebert is a beautiful village located on the River Hebert in Cumberland County, Nova Scotia, Canada. This place is 25 kilometers southwest of Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada. As of Canadian census 2006, the population of River Hebert Nova Scotia Canada was 543.
This beautiful village and the river are both named after Louis Hébert, who was a settler from The Port Royal in the year 1604.
River Hebert has only one school which is open to the students from primary grades to 12, a medical center, a public library, and is home to The Heritage Models, it is a tourist attraction that features some scale models of the local areas of interest, like the home of Amos Peck “King” Seaman.
Famous Tourist Places in River Hebert Nova Scotia Canada
1. River Hebert Tidal Bore Park: River Hebert Tidal Bore Park is a small and beautiful park where visitors can watch and enjoy the changing of tides from the banks. You will get well planned onsite parking and picnic tables. This park is situated beside the Heritage Models Museum.
2. Heritage Models Museum: The Heritage Models Museum has 43 miniature replicas of buildings that depict the heritage & culture of River Hebert, history, industry, and education. Models include Titanic distress signal, old schoolhouse, local church and the Chignecto Ship Railway. Thousands of people come to this place every year and enjoy the exhibits.
Below are the best hotels to stay in and near River Hebert Nova Scotia Canada:
– Super 8 by Wyndham Amherst NS
– Comfort Inn – Amherst
– Coastal Inn Sackville
– Quality Inn Airport
– Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe
– Wingate by Wyndham Dieppe Moncton
– Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moncton
– Chateau Moncton Trademark Collection by Wyndham
– Rodd Moncton Hotel
– Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
You can visit www.novascotia.ca to know about Government Services in Nova Scotia.