5 Best Places to Visit in Labrador City Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Labrador City is a very beautiful town which is located in the western Labrador, near to the Quebec border. As per Canadian Census 2013, population of Labrador City Newfoundland and Labrador Canada was 9,354.
Wabush is the neighbouring Labrador City, it is a smaller town with a population count of 1,861 as of 2011.
In 1960s, Labrador City was founded to accommodate employees of Iron Ore Company, Canada. Iron ore mining is the primary industry in Labrador City.
Best Places to Visit in Labrador City Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
1. Gateway Labrador Visitor Centre: Gateway Labrador Visitor Centre is one of the very famous tourist destinations in Labrador City. This visitor centre is having amazing lobby that visitors love to spend their time. This place is also having a gift/craft shop that depicts unique gifts.
2. Menihek Nordic Ski Club: This Ski Club offers 32 kms of best cross-country ski trails in the eastern Canada, free techniques and groomed regularly for classic. This place has beautiful and amazing lodge which can be reserved year round for social and business meetings. This club has capacity for 90 people.
3. Tamarack Golf Club: This Golf Club is a public golf course which is situated in Labrador City Newfoundland Labrador Canada. It is one of the best place to visit in Labrador City.
4. Arts and Culture Centre: This Arts and Culture Centre was opened in Labrador City in April 1986. This centre has a theatre having 344 seats and exhibition/gallery space.
5. Labrador Heritage Museum: This museum welcomes you to explore historic town, tea room and craft shop in Labrador. North West River is one of the oldest communities in Central Labrador.
Below is the list of best hotels to stay in Labrador City Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
– Wabush Hotel Limited
– Two Seasons Inn
– Northern Inn & Suites
– Trish’s Place B & B
– Carol Inn
You can visit www.gov.nl.ca to know about Government Services in Newfoundland and Labrador.