5 Best Things In Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
Fredericton is the capital of Canadian province, New Brunswick. Best Things In Fredericton New Brunswick Canada make Frederiction best place to visit in New Brunswick.
This city is located in west-central are of this province along Saint John River, that flows from west to east as this river bisects Frederiction; it is a natural feature of Frederiction.
Frederiction is one of the main urban centres in New Brunswick. As per Canadian census 2011, population of Frederiction was recorded around 56,224, which makes Frederiction third largest city in New Brunswick after Saint John and Moncton.
An educational centre, artistic and important cultural for New Brunswick, Fredericton is the home to the 2 universities, New Brunswick College of Craft and Design, and cultural institutions like The Playhouse, a performing arts venue, the Fredericton Region Museum and the Beaverbrook Art Gallery.
This city hosts annual Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival, that attracts world artists, rock, blues, international and regional jazz. Fredericton is also a vibrant and an important center point for top visual artists of the region.
Best Things In Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
1. Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market: Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market is being recognized as top community market of Canada.
This farmers market is having more than 250 indoor and outdoor vendors, it is one of the best place to discover locally harvested seasonal products (like blueberries and fiddleheads), one-of-a-kind handcrafted gifts, ethnic delicacies, and more.
2. Odell Park: Odell Park is one of the Best Old Growth Forests of Canada. This park is around 175-hectare, a year round park in the heart of Fredericton, New Brunswick.
There are around 16 km of the trails that wind all of their way through varied forest. Trees in this park are more than almost 400 years old.
3. Beaverbrook Art Gallery: Beaverbrook Art Gallery is public art gallery which is situated in Fredericton, New Brunswick. It is one of the Best Things In Fredericton New Brunswick Canada.
This park is named after Lord Beaverbrook, William Maxwell, who funded building of this art gallery and assembled all of the original collections.
This art gallery was opened in year 1959 with more than 300 works, that included paintings by Salvador Dalí and J.M.W. Turner. Beaverbrook Art Gallery is the officially designated provincial art gallery of New Brunswick.
4. Officers’ Square: Officers’ Square is one of the most beautiful and historic areas of Fredericton.
This area was a centre for all of the military activities in Fredericton and was garrisoned by British Army from 1785 – 1869, and Canadian Army from 1883 – 1914.
This space is now site of some outdoor summer concerts, the Under the Stars Films Series, daily outdoor summer theatre, Changing of the Guard Ceremony, and a huge variety of other events and festivals throughout the whole year.
5. Killarney Lake Park Trail: Killarney Lake Park Trail is a freshwater lake in Fredericton with lovely sandy beach.
This beach also offers 20 km of walking trails around the whole perimeter of this lake which is perfect retreat for a day of enjoying nature, relaxing and swimming.
You can visit www2.gnb.ca to know about Government Services in New Brunswick.