5 Famous Tourist Attractions in Nelson British Columbia Canada
Nelson is a very beautiful city which is located in Selkirk Mountains on extreme West Arm of the Kootenay Lake in Southern Interior of BC, Canada. Famous Tourist Attractions in Nelson British Columbia Canada make Nelson an amazing tourist destination in Nelson, British Columbia.
This city is known as “The Queen City” and is very well acknowledges for its amazing and impressive collection of heritage buildings from all of its glory days in silver rush, Nelson is the one of the best 3 cities forming population and commercial core of West Kootenay region, others being the Trail and Castlegar.
This city is seat of Regional District of the Central Kootenay. It is best represented in provincial legislature by riding Nelson Creston and in Parliament of Canada by riding Kootenay—Columbia.
Famous Tourist Attractions in Nelson British Columbia Canada
1. Lakeside Park: Lakeside Park is a waterfront park which is located on the shores of West Arm of Kootenay Lake in community of Nelson, BC, Canada in the Kootenay region.
This well maintained park is one of the best place to go and most popular community park in the Nelson because of its beautiful sandy beach, sporting activities, scenery and a waterfront walkway.
This park is in the heart of community of Nelson. It begins from a big “Orange Bridge” and follows lake shoreline and lookouts and gardens, monuments and sandy beach pass sports fields.
This park is connected by a Waterfront Pathway which is very popular for sightseeing, rollerbalding, walking and jogging.
The park is a very easily accessible park and is popular for number of other activities that include reading a book, having lunch, throwing a frisbee, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, boating and swimming.
2. Baker Street: Baker Street is the only place which offers full hotel service; this newly renovated Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn is one of the natural choice for anyone who seek for a very convenient and comfortable accommodation in the heart of Queen City.
3. River Rafting & Tubing: River Rafting & Tubing is the best fun that people of all ages can enjoy. People can join and instructors will guide you in the pristine wilderness of Nelson and Kootenay region.
This rafting was established in year 2010,Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co. will always remain your first choice for rafting while you visit Kootenays. It is one of the best Famous Tourist Attractions in Nelson British Columbia Canada.
4. Whitewater Ski Resort: Whitewater Ski Resort is a one of the best ski resort which is located just a drive of 25-minutes from Nelson in the southern BC, Canada.
This resort is in the Ymir bowl, beneath at 2,400 m high Ymir Mountain, in Selkirk Mountains. The elevation of parking lot in this resort is around 1,605 m and highest lift accessed point is around 2,000 m.
Whereas Ymir Peak is not within the boundary of ski area, lifts climb both shoulders of bowl and offer easy traverse routes along the ridges.
5. Spas: Tea Garden is the best location to have fully experience of Aveda brand from complimentary rituals to the personal touch that you receive from massage therapists, retail experts, skin care therapists and expert stylists. This Spa is located in Nelson, British Columbia, Canada.
Aveda’s “Art and Science of Pure Flower and Plant Essences” calls for the ingredients from highest integrity that allowing Aveda to connect with mission of social and environmental responsibility.
You can visit www2.gov.bc.ca to know about Government Services in British Columbia.