5 Famous Tourist Places in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada
Fort Saskatchewan is a beautiful and a wonderful city in Alberta, Canada, which is located around 25km northeast region of Edmonton, along North Saskatchewan River. Famous Tourist Places in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada make Fort Saskatchewan a very famous tourist destination in Alberta.
Fort Saskatchewan is part of Edmonton census metro area and is one of the 24 municipalities which is comprise Capital Region Board.
As per Canadian census 2016, population of Fort Saskatchewan was recorded around 24,149. Strathcona County cover Fort Saskatchewan to the east and south, the City of Edmonton to the southwest and Sturgeon County to the north and west.
Edmonton and Sturgeon County are located across North Saskatchewan River. Ruins of Fort are located around1kms North-East of Lamoureux.
This city is well known for all of its proximity to the petrochemical facilities, including Shell Canada, Agrium, Sherritt International and Dow Chemical.
Famous Tourist Places in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada
1. Dow Centennial Centre: Dow Centennial Centre is located in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, it is multi-purpose facility which is built to commemorate Alberta Centennial.
DCC has those facilities which are used by City of Fort Saskatchewan and its neighbouring communities. Facilities in DCC are as follows:
• The Sheritt Cultural Pavilion includes the following:
• Senator Tommy Banks Green Room
• Waiward Steel Pottery Studio
• Scotiabank Studio
• Lions Banquet Rooms
• Shell Theatre
• Alberta Lottery Fund Art Gallery
Shell Theatre hosts number of different shows throughout the whole year. Some of the previous shows are of Stuart McLean, The Arrogant Worms, Trooper and April Wine.
2. Fort Saskatchewan Public Library: Fort Saskatchewan Public Library promotes and provides programs, services and resources to meet community needs for information, study and leisure in an environment which is too supportive and welcoming.
3. Elk Island National Park: This Park is a national park in Canada that played a very important role in conservation of American bison. This park is administered by Parks Canada Agency.
“Island of conservation” is around 35 km east of the Edmonton, Alberta along Yellowhead Highway that passes through the park.
This park is one of the 8th smallest park in area in Canada but is largest with fully enclosed national park having an area of around 194 sq km.
4. West River’s Edge Dog Park: West River’s Edge Dog Park is available for your dog and you to socialize and exercise with other people and dogs.
Dog Park features around 38 acres of fenced area, and remains open daily from 6 am – 11 pm. It is one of the very Famous Tourist Places in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada.
5. Shell Theatre: Fort Saskatchewan’s Shell Theatre is located in Sherritt Cultural Pavilion of Dow Centennial Centre.
It is a fully equipped and professional venue that features around 538 seats to host amazing dance festivals and recitals, music concerts, drama productions and professional series shows.
You can visit www.health.alberta.ca to know about Health Services in Alberta.